15&’s Park Ji Min admits to being jealous of Lee Ha Yi?
In a recent interview, Park Ji Min talked about her rivalry with her good friend Lee Ha Yi. The two were the final two contestants at the first season of SBS KPOPSTAR. The same show which crowned Park Ji Min as the winner.
However the tables were turned when 1st Runner Up- Lee Ha Yi seemed to have a “winning” debut compared to the duo, 15& that Park Ji Min belong to.
The 15 year old was quoted, “It’s true that I feel jealous but I feel more determined to do even better now. There will be times where Hayi unni does better or our group does better. I just hope both of us do well.
I knew that after K-Pop Star ended, that we’d always be compared. It would happen no matter how much we asked the public to think nicely of both of us. Honestly speaking, unni and our group don’t have anything in similarity and each have a unique, individual style. I think we will continue our friendly competition under the name of 15&.
YG Entertainment matched to Hayi unni’s style well and I think Hayi unni pulled it off well too. Since we came out with something different this time, I hope that people will view us with a different image. I think what’s more important than the power of your company is whether or not you have the ability of an artist to pull off certain concepts.”
Despite the rivalry, the two remained good friends. The two were seen attending the finale of SBS KPOPSTAR S2 together.
1. [+532, -37] We shouldn’t compare Park Jimin and Lee hi!! They’re all trying their best and there’s no point in hating one or the other… Don’t compare! Fighting to the both of them!!
2. [+465, -30] Life is a marathon anyway… Who cares if you start off a bit late~~~ Jimin and Yerin fighting!!!
3. [+413, -28] It’s not important who started first
4. [+386, -23] She’s young but she’s very mature with her words. I love both Lee Hi and Park Jimin so it’s unfortunate to see people leaving hateful comments about Park Jimin ㅡㅡ I hope she doesn’t get hurt. Their recent song is good… Looking forward to more promotions.
5. [+354, -40] JYP is really talented ㅋㅋㅋ He somehow manages to turn all his artists into JYP style ㅋㅋㅋ I truly wondered if she was the same Park Jimin who won K-Pop Star while watching her perform yesterday. Another example of choosing the right company.
6. [+322, -14] I don’t know why she wasn’t debuted as a solo… Way to crush the pride of a winner. Both the winner and the public are cocking their heads in confusion over why the winner was put in a group and not a solo.
7. [+254, -27] YG picked out a song that matched Lee Hi well but the song Park Jin Young chose for Park Jimin is one that even Lee Hyori could sing. There’s nothing unique about it… and on top of that, the album’s a package sale. I can already hear the gears in his turning over how to make a quick buck.
8. [+193, -9] It’s such a b*tch to search their name on Melon because you have to press shift and find the & key. People should really consider these things when naming groups.
9. [+177, -17] I’ve been a fan since your K-Pop Star days! ^^ Hit daebak this time, fighting!
10. [+122, -8] Both Lee Hi and Park Jimin are more talented than most idols! I hope they don’t focus too much on stupid music programs like other nobody untalented idols and strive instead to be recognized as true artists!
Source: Star News
Translated by: netizenbuzz